|Real Name||Ban Ki-moon|
|Profession||South Korean politician and statesman|
|Height||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”(approx.)|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 74 kg(approx.)
in Pounds- 163 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||13 June 1944|
|Birth Place||Injō, Japanese Korea|
|Home Town||Injō, Japanese Korea|
|School||Chungju High School|
|College||Seoul National University, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, University of Malta, University of Cambridge.|
|Education||Bachelor degree in International Relation, Master of Public Administration, Doctor of Laws.|
|Net Worth||$1.5 Million|
|family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brothers- Ban Ki-ho and Ban Ki-sang
Sisters- Ban Jeong-ran and Ban Gyeong-hee|
|Children||Son- Ban Woo-hyun
Daughters- Ban Seon-yong and Ban Hyun-hee|
|Affairs||• Ban joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 1970 and his first overseas posting was to New Delhi.
• In 1974 he got his first posting to the United Nations, as First Secretary of the South Permanent Observer Mission.
• After the assassination of Park Chung-hee in 1979, Ban assumed the office of Director of the United Nations Division.
• Ban became director of the United Nations' International Organizations and Treaties Bureau, in 1980, the headquarter of that was in Seoul.
• In 1992, Ban became Vice Chairman of the South-North Joint Nuclear Control Commission, following the adoption by South and North Korea of the Joint Declaration of the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
• From 1993 to 1994 he was Korea's deputy ambassador to the United States. He was promoted to the position of Deputy Minister for Policy Planning and International Organisations in 1995 and then appointed National Security Advisor to the President in 1996.
• Ban became Ambassador to Austria and Slovenia in 1998.
• In 1999, he was elected as Chairman of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO PrepCom).
• In 2004, he became the foreign Minister of South Korea under President Roh Moo-hyun.
• In 2006, he campaigned for the office of Secretary General of United Nation, On 13 October 2006, he was elected to be the eighth Secretary-General by the United Nations General Assembly. On 1st January 2007 he succeeded Kofi Annan.
• Ban announced his candidacy for Secretary General again in 2011, and he started his second tenure from 1st January 2012 that will last till 31st December 2016.|